Prism Education Conference
0209-0223 (course numbers)
The Graduate66 E 6th Avenue
Eugene, OR 97401
Keynote Speaker Preview:
2019 PRISIM Sponsors
|7:30 AM - 8:30 AM||Registration check in & Breakfast|
|8:30 AM - 9:30 AM||Keynote Presentation: Christy Largent|
|10:15 AM - 11:00 AM||Class Session I - What is Customer Service?|
|10:15 AM - 11:00 AM||Class Session I - Inspecting Properties for Risk Assessment|
|10:15 AM - 11:00 AM||Class Session I - Resident Retention/Building Relationships|
|10:15 AM - 11:00 AM||Class Session I - Interview for your Best Fit|
|11:15 AM - 12:00 PM||Class Session II - Low Income Housing 101/FAQ|
|11:15 AM - 12:00 PM||Class Session II - Hands-on Service Class: Typical Repairs in the day to day job|
|11:15 AM - 12:00 PM||Class Session II - Being a "Boss" versus being a "Leader"|
|11:15 AM - 12:00 PM||Class Session II - General Fair Housing|
|12:00 PM - 1:00 PM||Lunch & Visit with Exhibitors|
|1:15 PM - 2:00 PM||Class Session III - Asbestos Do's and Don'ts|
|1:15 PM - 2:00 PM||Class Session III - Repair the Wear|
|1:15 PM - 2:00 PM||Class Session III - Ideas for Leadership & Motivation|
|1:15 PM - 2:00 PM||Class Session III - Leadership Mindset|
|2:30 PM - 3:15 PM||Class Session IV - Turnover Inspections|
|2:30 PM - 3:15 PM||Class Session IV - Asbestos Do's and Don'ts|
|2:30 PM - 3:15 PM||Class Session IV - Conflict Resolution|
|2:30 PM - 3:15 PM||Class Session IV - Legislative and Law Updates for 2019 and Beyond|
|3:30 PM - 4:00 PM||Raffle Prizes and Giveaways|
For More Information:
PRISM 2019 Class Descriptions
- This session will cover how to perform a detailed walk thru at resident move out, how to properly document to substantiate charges & avoid litigation, and communication techniques for a positive customer interaction. Don’t miss this one!
Legislative and law Updates for 2019 and Beyond
- 2019 has been a year defined by legislative change when it comes to landlord tenant law in Oregon. Statewide rental control, the elimination of no cause evictions, and changes to tenant screening laws at the local level in Portland have all been passed and present complex challenges for property managers to stay compliant with the law. In this class, Marcel Gesmundo will break down these legislative changes so you don’t have to and will make sure you have knowledge needed to navigate this new legal landscape. Marcel will go in depth on each new policy, what they mean to your business and how you can best adapt to avoid costly mistakes and unnecessary litigation. This class will also pay special attention to possible new rental policies on the horizon, so you stay prepared in this rapidly changing legal landscape. These changes may be daunting, but with proper preparation and diligence you can overcome these new challenges and continue to thrive.
Teamwork – The Ingredient That Makes Excellence!
- Learn why teamwork development requires more effort today than in times past. Why teamwork is critical for organizations to reach the highest levels of excellence. How teamwork benefits not only companies, but also individuals and their careers. Learn the essential qualities for teamwork.
- Come join us for General Fair Housing. This class is great for anyone who is new to the industry or maybe even a seasoned employee that could use a refresher. We will cover federal and state protected classes, and some best practices to make sure you and your team are complying with fair housing laws and regulations. Ever thought “Can I ask that”? After this class you will know!
- Today’s Multifamily industry is more competitive than ever. This session will cover how to create Memorable Extraordinary Experiences for your Customers. Learn techniques that can be immediately implemented to propel you and your team to higher successes. Topics covered will include; sales, marketing, customer service, and retention ideas. Don’t miss this one!