For Policy Makers
Multifamily NW staff and members are available to policy makers to provide the perspective of a housing provider as part of any new housing policy decision. MFNW possess an acute knowledge of laws covered in Chapter 90 of Oregon Revised Statutes' regarding rent, evictions, affordable housing, rental assistance, deposits, tenant obligations, landlord obligations, rental agreements, fees and a host of other important topics.
If you are looking to contact our staff on a policy related issue, reach out to us at 503-213-1281.
What Makes Multifamily NW a Valuable Resorce
MFNW Membership is Comprehensive: Multifamily NW members are property owners, managers and service providers. We have access to broad institutional knowledge of housing policies across Oregon, and southern Washington.
MFNW Members are Community Stakeholders: Staff and members hold key roles on advisory committees and activities across the region including:
- Serves on the Housing Stakeholder Group of the House Interim Committee on Housing
- Served on Portland’s Rental Services Commission
- Served on Portland’s Fair Housing Advocacy Committee
- Served on Budget Advisory Committee for Portland’s Bureau of Development Services
- Served on Portland’s Housing Advisory Commission
- Served on the State Landlord/Tenant Coalition
- Served on the Governor's Reentry Taskforce
- Partners in the Housing Choice Educational Partnership, focusing on training opportunities in rural Oregon with Oregon Legal Aid and Oregon Housing Authorities
- Participates in the Fair Housing analysis of impediments for Washington County
- Executes housing advocacy nationally via partnership National Apartment Association (NAA)
MFNW Members are Experts: MFNW staff and legal counsel work diligently to develop and update the necessary forms to ensure housing providers are compliant with state and local laws. The Multifamily NW Forms Collection is used throughout the region by members and many other housing providers. The Forms Collection is a highly valued resource as it's methodically updated responding to every new change in regulation across the Northwest.
MFNW Staff are Educators: Multifamily NW serves as the go-to educational resource for Fair Housing law compliance for housing providers. MFNW is also holds Certified Continuing Education Provider status from the Oregon Real Estate Agency offering extensive training opportunities for state law, local ordinances and federal requirements. Multifamily NW hosts annual educational events, each attracting 500+ attendees: Fair Housing Fair, Maintenance Fair, Reverse Trade Show & Spectrum Educational Conference & Trade Show
MFNW is Data Driven: Multifamily NW is a major source of technical data for policy makers. The bi-annual Apartment Report is the preeminent publication of rent and vacancy data in the region. MFNW has also collected monthly data of rent collection rates during the COVID-19 pandemic.