Dear Members of Multifamily NW,
As you may be aware, Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are responding to an outbreak of a respiratory illness, called COVID-19, caused by a novel (new) coronavirus.
On March 12, OHA issued guidance on canceling or postponing large events attended by more than 250 people. The World Health Organization (WHO) has also declared the global coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, emphasizing the need for countries to take every precaution to diminish the spread of the virus and protect vulnerable populations.
In response to this outbreak, the Multifamily NW Board of Directors has initiated a 60-day suspension and postponement of all in-person meetings, classes and events beginning March 13th. Please note the following:
- This includes the Spring Apartment Report Breakfast, the Maintenance Fair and all committee meetings.
- Where possible, Multifamily NW will be rescheduling events to a later date.
- Where possible, Multifamily NW will offer teleconferencing in place of in person attendance.
- Multifamily NW will provide further updates on the suspension of our events as more information becomes available.
Should you have any additional questions related to Multifamily NW’s postponement of events, please contact Kristen Davies at firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally, while Multifamily NW continues to monitor the situation and adjust our plan accordingly, you can protect yourself and your family from illness, such as COVID-19 by following these simple steps outlined by the CDC:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with sick people or animals.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw it away. If you don’t have a tissue, cough into your elbow.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces that you frequently touch.
- Avoid non-essential travel to regions listed in CDC travel advisories.
Thank you for your support and understanding as our community works together to address COVID-19.
Deborah Imse, MPA
The Association Promoting Quality Rental Housing