In-Person Event Safety Guidelines
UPDATED COVID PROTOCOL FOR MFNW IN-PERSON EVENTS
In accordance with the guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control (link CDC) masks/face coverings are required by MFNW for all individuals regardless of vaccination status. All individuals should take appropriate measures to protect their health. By attending an event, you are confirming that you aren't sick or showing symptoms of any communicable disease.
Please note: Some event venues may have different protocols and we will be asking our members to comply with any such requirements at those venues.
We reserve the right to amend or reinstate protocols deemed appropriate or recommended by the CDC or other relevant authorities.
UPDATE: 9/22/21 - No-Cost COVID-19 Testing
The Oregon Convention Center is pleased to partner with Curative, an essential health services provider, to offer both PCR and rapid antigen COVID-19 testing available via a mobile testing van conveniently located at the Oregon Convention Center Plaza [834 NE Martin Luther King Jr Blvd, Portland, OR], at no cost to you. PCR test results are delivered electronically within 24-48 upon receipt of the sample at the lab; Rapid antigen test results are delivered electronically within 15-30 minutes.
To schedule an appointment, visit curative.com. Walk-ups are also welcomed. Testing is available Monday to Saturday from 8 am - 3 pm. For more information about Curative and their offerings, visit curative.com.
UPDATE 8/31/21: The Oregon Convention Center is implementing new safety protocols due to the rise in COVID-19 cases:
For all future events, Metro requires at least one of the following safety measures, in addition to state mask requirements:
- Proof of full vaccination or a negative COVID-19 PCR test or Rapid Test result within 72 hours of the first day of an event for people 12 years of age or older (children 11 years of age or younger are exempt)
The following are acceptable as proof of vaccination:
- A CDC-issued vaccination card including the name of the person vaccinated, the type of vaccination provided and the date that the last dose was administered.
- A digital photo of a CDC-issued vaccination card stored on a phone or electronic device.
- A printed photo of a CDC-issued vaccination card.
The following are acceptable as proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR Test:
- A digital photo of negative COVID-19 PCR test results that includes the name of the guest.
- A printed photo of negative COVID-19 PCR test results that includes the name of the guest.
By registering and attending any in-person MFNW program you are agreeing to our Safety Liability Agreement. As deemed necessary, additional requirements will be added below:
- If you are sick, caring for an ill person, interact with a member of a vulnerable population, or may have recently been exposed to COVID-19 we ask that you stay home for self-quarantine.
- Face masks that fully cover both the nose and mouth at all times are required as necessary. We will provide one-time use masks to attendees that do not arrive with their own.
- Social distancing should be maintained at all times (6 ft. is the magic number).
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer often, especially after touching high traffic areas.