Tools & Tips for Virtual Event Attendees
Before attending the Spectrum ROCKS Virtual Conference, be sure to read through these tools & tips to make the most out of your experience.
Equipment and Materials
Test Your Equipment in Advance
- Please test and check your system at least 15 minutes prior to event. This includes your network connection, device battery life, and speakers.
- We recommend you use a computer or a tablet for the best experience. The system is not responsive on a cell phone.
- We recommend you use Chrome or Firefox to access the webinar. Other browsers are not compatible with the webinar system.
Control Your Environment as Best You Can
- Mute other devices that might interfere with your computer audio.
- Create a learning-conducive environment, eliminating as many distractions as possible. Close out of other tabs and mute notifications, if possible.
- Prepare your space with anything you may need during the virtual program (appropriate chargers, note-taking materials, water, etc.).
Troubleshooting Technical Difficulties
- The webinar technology runs on higher bandwidth. Please know that some WiFi connections may be spotty.
- Some networks cause slides to advance more slowly than others. If your slides are behind or you are having audio issues, please try to refresh the page.
- MFNW staff will be available to help during the show - either chat with us at our booth, email us at email@example.com or call 503-213-1281.
Engagement Through Chat and Q&A Features for Classes
- Take note of how the presenter intends to utilize the chat feature as well as the Q&A field. Participate in questions and polls to stay engaged with the session.
- Questions for the presenters can be submitted through the Q&A function. Chat is a great way to engage and connect with other attendees or exhibitors attending the sessions.
Make the Most of Your Spectrum Experience
- Check out the full conference schedule at https://homebase.map-dynamics.com/spectrum2020/schedule (must login) in advance to plan your sessions.
- Within the platform be sure to explore all areas of the conference, check out the Sponsors, the Exhibitors, engage in discussions and play the Battle of the Bands game